On Wednesday, December 2nd, the Allentown High School Book Club held another successful meeting! We kicked off our meeting with a brief discussion about leadership positions; Congratulations to the following students: Senior Leaders – Aaron and Alyssa, Secretary - Elif, Media Manager – Crystal, and Matt – assistant-at-large.:)
Next, Matt read an excerpt from the book, Unsung Heroes, by Kyle Gurkovich. Kyle is currently a teacher at Piscataway and holds the world record for pullups! We all encourage everyone to pick up a copy of his debut book!
Some other titles that were recommended during the meeting include:
- The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd (suggested by Catie)
- The Martian by Andy Weir (suggested by Vincent)
- Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (suggested by Aaron )
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (suggested by Elif)
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (suggested by Brian)
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (suggested by Matt and Andrea)
- Drinking Water by James Salzman (suggested by Dylan)
We encourage everyone to come out and join the book club at their next meeting after school on January 6th, 2016. This month’s focus: “Free Choice.”
PS Thanks to Elif for the minutes of this meeting. Enjoy the holiday season, everyone. Peace, Love & Books to All.