It is with GREAT excitement that we share information about a new pilot initiative coming to 7th and 8th grade next year! All 7th and 8th grade students in the 2015-2016 school year will be getting a Chromebook. A Chromebook (laptop-type device with Chrome OS – Google Apps for Education) is another tool for learning that students will be using inside of the classroom and at home – anytime, anywhere learning. Chromebooks offer many different opportunities for students and teachers to collaborate, create and provide immediate feedback.
On Wednesday, JUNE 3rd at 7:00 p.m. in the Stone Bridge Middle School Auditorium, we will be hosting our 1 to 1 Night for next year’s 7th and 8th grade parents and students (parents and students currently in 6th and 7th grade) . We are excited to share an abundance of information during this evening.
The agenda for the night includes:
- What is a Chromebook?
- What is the benefit of a 1:1 initiative?
- Why Google?
- What experience do we already have with Chromebooks?
- What have/has our teachers / district done / will do to prepare?
- As a parent, what is my role in a 1:1 initiative?
- Will their be insurance on the Chromebook?
- How and when will students be trained?
- When will the Chromebooks be given to our students?
- Questions from parents and/or students?
We hope to see you on June 3rd!