Performance Based Assessment (PBA) testing schedule with some reflection.
Monday, March 2nd – 8th grade – ELA– Of course, after all of our preparation, we have bad weather. With a delayed opening, we postponed day 1 of testing for our 8th graders. (see schedule below)
- Tuesday, March 3rd – 7th grade – Math – Our first day of testing at SBMS went off without a hitch. Students and teachers were great. The feedback we got from students was, “It was OK.” Love middle schoolers.
- Wednesday, March 4th – 4th grade – ELA / 8th grade – ELA – Today’s testing was successful. We had all schools testing at one time (AHS was doing their infrastructure practice). Besides a few minor tech glitches, we had a good day. 4th graders seemed at ease and 8th graders seemed to be just fine with the test.
Thursday, March 5th – 4th grade – ELA/7th grade – Math– Snow Day!
- Friday, March 6th – 4th grade – ELA (Postponed) / 8th grade – ELA – 8th grade testing went well today. The delayed opening didn’t mess up the schedule. Kids seemed to be comfortable and relaxed with the test.
- Monday, March 9th – 4th grade – ELA / 7th grade – Math – It’s been interesting to hear about the testing from teachers. There are lots of directions to follow and multiple things that teachers need to do, but, overall, it’s been going very well. Teachers have done a terrific job. Today’s testing went well. Only a few more days of testing left for our 4th, 7th and 8th graders!
- Tuesday, March 10th – 4th grade – ELA / 8th grade – Math – Both tests seemed to be a success today. Students seem to feel comfortable about testing online. I am amazed at the resiliency of students and teachers.
- Wednesday, March 11th – 4th grade – Math / 7th grade – ELA – The ELA sections of the test tend to take a little longer for kids. 4th grade started math today, which seemed to go off without a hitch. Our hope is that the period of time where kids became more familiar with the test helped students navigate the tools needed for the math section. ONE MORE DAY OF TESTING FOR 4th, 7th and 8th grade!!!
- Thursday, March 12th – 4th grade – Math / 8th grade – Math – Last day of testing for 4th and 8th grade!!!!!!!!!
- Friday, March 13th – 3rd grade – ELA / 7th grade – ELA – 8th grade took their last test today and 3rd grade started their first. All went well. As with any grade level start, there were a few minor glitches, but they were fixed and testing continued without delay.
- Monday, March 16th – 3rd grade – ELA / 6th grade – ELA – The second day of 3rd grade testing and the first day of testing for our sixth graders. ELA tests seem to be shorter for the kids to complete. Besides some staggering times for beginning tests in 6th grade, all went on without a hitch.
- Tuesday, March 17th – 3rd grade – ELA / 5th grade – ELA – First day of 5th grade testing and the last day of ELA for 3rd grade. Seems to be second nature now for our 3rd graders. 5th grade started off very well.
- Wednesday, March 18th – 3rd grade – Math / 6th grade – ELA – Today was the last day of ELA for 6th grade and the first math day for 3rd grade. Students seem to feel that the math test is a bit more challenging. This information is gathered solely from asking kids about their experience of an online test.
- Thursday, March 19th – 3rd grade – Math / 5th grade – ELA – Today was the final day of testing for NES (there are still make-ups taking place). NES and SBMS are excited about the PBA coming to an end. One student even shared with Ms. Negro that they “like PARCC better than the NJ ASK.”
- Friday, March 20th – 6th grade – Math – Only one full grade level, 6th grade, was testing today in Math. A few make-ups were given at each school. Things went smoothly with no disruptions. Testing starts at AHS on Monday!
- Monday, March 23rd – 5th grade – Math / 9th grade – ELA – The high school is off and running with PARCC. As each first day brings, some minor glitches were fixed within minutes. After they were resolved, the testing went very well. 6th and 5th grade have one day left of testing!
- Tuesday, March 24th – 6th grade – Math / 9th grade – ELA
- Wednesday, March 25th – 5th grade – Math / AHS – Algebra I
- Thursday, March 26th – AHS – 10th grade – ELA
- Friday, March 27th – AHS – 10th grade – ELA
- Wednesday, April 15th – AHS – Geometry
- Thursday, April 16th – AHS – 11 grade – ELA
- Friday, April 17th – AHS – 11 grade – ELA – Each of the days above including today were non-eventful. Students seem very well versed in the testing procedures, and seem to be focused on doing their best. One more day for the PBA.
- Monday, April 20th – AHS – Algebra II